Phil Hauck's TEC Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Great Quotes by TEC Members

• Bob Atwell, CEO, Nicolet National Bank
"The CEO is uniquely unqualified to solve his own problems."
"Dealing with the elephant in the room is necessary for both good leaders and good businesses."
• Jeff Rafn, CEO, Northeast Wisconsin Technical Institute
"I want to help everyone get to being an 'A' Player."
• Tim Weyenberg, CEO, The Foth Group
"The best way to take control of the organization is to give control up. It allows unencumbered growth."
• John Hemken, CEO, TBL Holdings
"Character-Building stinks."
• Ben Grigg, CEO, Aarrowcast
"As a Follower, you're never wrong. As a Leader, you're rarely right."
• Randy Rose, CEO, Enzymatic Therapy
"It's critical to move from Fixing Problems to Leading The Organization."
• Mitch Weckop, CEO, Skyline Technologies
"Change is like pulling a band-aid from a hairy arm. It's much better to zip it."
• Sam Khoury, an operations consultant to a TEC member:
Principles of employee engagement: -- Perform ... 100% of the time! -- If you make the same mistake twice, there is a penalty. -- Reports have to be succinct, very succinct. Did we or didn’t we? What info do we need to have to make a correction. -- Tough Love. Firm, but Appreciative! -- If I’ve asked you to provide me something, I’ll respond to it almost immediately. That means I adjust my schedule to be available when you will be providing it to me. -- If I show I CARE, they’ll walk over coals to make it happen.
The result, said the TEC member, is both Focus and Precision improved, as then did Attitudes.
• Jeff Shefchik, CEO, PTi Trucking
"Salespeople are coin-operated."
• Lee Bouche, CEO, Employee Resource Center
"Little pigs are cute. Big pigs get slaughtered."

1 comment:

  1. Phil, If I had to pick one quote, (management trait), that I found to be the most consistently true during my career, it would have to be the one by Tim Weyenberg. Good leaders enable their people to do their jobs and create results by providing resources and running interference for them. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete